Permanent Stainless Steel/titanium Cathode Plates / TI SHEET CATHODE
Elegant is the most professional company in China to provide our clients with top quality Cathodes and Anodes for nonferrous metallurgy. In the past years, Elegant stainless steel/ titanium cathodes are widely used in domestic and overseas Copper&Nickel electrowinning plant for its excellent performance as below:
1. The connection area between Copper and S.S is considerable, thus contribute to a less lose of electric power.
2. High mechanical strength design of hanger bar to prevent scratching, sinking mark and bending.
3. Hanger bar designed with good heat resistance to avoid deformation or degenerate, hanger bar can resistance high temperature up to 700°C cause by short circuit.
4. The laser welding between S.S blank/ Titanium plate and hanger bar can help avoiding the welding gap, thus can maximum prevent welding corrosion. The average service lifetime of cathode is 10-15 years.
5. By powerful extrusion, the edge strip is deformation free with long lifetime and easy for maintenance.
6. The performance of edge clip bar was stable which can decrease the cost.
Cathode is widely used in Zinc, Copper, Nickel, Cobalt and Manganese EW/ER industry .Copper can be easily deposit on the stainless steel cathode surface and be stripped by auto-stripping machine. The use of stainless steel cathode can save a lot of time and human cost compared to starting sheet. It's an obbligato part in large scale and modernization Copper electro-refinning and Copper electro-winning plant.MaterialBlank:
material - 316L stainless steel plate, Gr 1 or Gr 2 Titanium plate; Hanger bar:
Stainless steel cladding around copper bar(Cu-SS)
Copper electro-plating stainless steel bar(SS-Cu)
Triple layer (CS-Cu-SS)
Al cladding Copper ingot, welding to Al bar
Titanium clad copper bar (Ti- Cu)Edge strip:
PP by mechanical process or extrusion
High strength and anti-corrosion hanger bar
Advanced edge strip with round bar for fastening
Special surface polishing treatment to form a passive film
90° "v" shape groove at bottom of blank, Copper cathode
can be more easily stripped in the bottom
10~15 years service lifetime of blank, 1.5year of edge
strip (If Cl- < 40mg/L)
Double side full welding technologyWelding
Perfect welding technology (Double-side full laser welding) is used to connect stainless steel blank / Titanium plate with hanger bar. It does not use flux to connect, which is successful to avoid the weld seam defects and maximize preventing corrosion.
A hanger bar for a cathode plate and a method of producing a cathode for electrolytic recovery of metal. The hanger bar comprises a support element which is preferably stainless steel and hollow. An electrically conductive metal cladding is affixed the stainless steel bar by any appropriate mechanism, eg interference fit, welding, chemical or mechanical fastening or coextrusion or roll forming. Affixing the cladding to the stainless steel support element has significant advantages over conventional electroplating techniques including that a more precise engineering specification can be applied to the cladding thickness. This is important to maintain vertical alignment of the cathode plate in the electrolytic cell.Permanent Stainless Steel/titanium Cathode Plates